Marketing/Advertising/Public Relations Committee - This could be you!
Photo courtesy of Gemineye Images, LLC
The NHBC welcomes all of our members to GET INVOLVED. The committees are formed to assist in the guidance and follow through with various goals from the Board of Directors. It is intended to have one member from the Board of Directors head a committee with assistance from the general membership.
Membership Committee - Headed By: Mary Ann Gunning
- recruit new members
- renewal of existing members
- send welcome package to new members
- send renewal package to renewing members
- maintains relations with the members and business community
- Contact newspaper, TV, radio and other media to advise about events, etc.
- Send courtesy "thank you" note to sponsors of events/promotions, and editors that cover events
- Send out articles regarding businesses; contacts for PR
- Create tourism brochure and/or map
Goals & Priorities Committee - Headed by: Ron Miller
- Set goals
- Prioritize goals
- Follow up goals and move completed goals to "Accomplished List"
- Member to member benefit list
- Benefit list as a member of NHBC "What's in it for me"
- Revision of the NHBC By-Laws
- Create/overview setting up of committees
- Contact person for Ski Sundown – Deb
- Contact person for Home Depot – Ron
Events & Promotions Committee - This could be you!
- Plan general membership meeting(s)
- Plan/Coordinate existing events
- Create an "assistant" for each event from the Board of Directors and/or general membership in advance to allow for ample time to plan out event (for example: Joanne Dayhill – December Library Fundraiser-Holiday sale)
- Follow up and improvements for events completed
- Participate in the Farmer's Market
- Determine the participation in any other event pertaining to the Town of New Hartford
Website Committee - Headed by: Philip Havens
- Makes updates
- Maintain/update calendar of events
- Maintains website's member directory, contact information, business description, business website link
- List of business to business discounts/free items
- List of benefits to being a member of NHBC ("what's in it for me")
- Articles on events
- Information on the scholarship and applications
- Application for membership
Scholarship Committee - Headed by: Skip Rogers
- Reviews the scholarship applications
- Determines the individual to receive the scholarship
- Presents the scholarship at the annual meeting
Nominating Committee - Headed by: 4 members of the NHBC in good standing, including immediate past president Dawn Whalen
- Handles the nominations for officers of the New Hartford Business Council
- Notifies NHBC members regarding the nominations
Communications Committee - Headed by: Paul Amenta